Friday, July 22, 2011

Story time!

Yay! I get to tell you guys a story! :) Yesterday was a very interesting, long, unexpected day for me. I had gymnastics practice and I was planning on going home, Lydia, a girl on my team, and spending the night at her house. Well, with 45 minutes of practice left, Lydia was doing a front-handspring front-tuck on the tumble track and over rotated so she knee-ed herself in the mouth. Instantly there was blood filling up her mouth and she was in a lot of pain and was bawling her eyes out so everyone turned to look and we discovered she was hurt. Well, she iced it, and propped herself up, and had our coach call her mom. Her mom decided to pick her up early so she could take care of her. I was unsure of whether or not I would still go home with them. I thought it might be easier for Lydia if she was just with her mom, but they insisted that it was fine for me to come over. So, we left practice about 15 minutes early and drove to her house. As soon as we got to her house, we discovered her tooth was loose so her mother called the doctor and the doctor said, "No more monkeys jumping on the bed!!!" haha that wasn't what happened, I just had to put that in there. Her mother called the dentist and they were able to see Lydia immediately so we left and went to the dentist. Once we got to the dentist, they X-Rayed her mouth and decided she needed braces to try to pull her loose tooth back into place. So, I sat there and watched while Lydia got braces!! Oh, yeah, and I forgot to tell you that she busted both her top and lower lip. The dentist told us we needed to go have a doctor stitch up her lip because the cut was a very deep cut. Therefore we drove to the nearest UTC to get stitches. Well, three or four doctors came out to examine her lip to see what kind of stitching she needed, but they all said it would heal on its own and it was an awkward position. We left the UTC and went to Lydia's grandmother's house to show her, since she lived nearby. Then, because we were all very hungry, we went to Orange Leaf and got some yummy fro-yo!! :) Then, we drove back to Lydia's house, picked up her brother and took him out to Georgetown to a pool, then drove home and finally relaxed. Whew! That was a load of typing. So yeah, that was just one of my busy days from the past week!

Lydia is fine, she just has headaches, swollen lips, swollen nose, bruises, braces and a deep cut in her lip. Other than that she is fine! :) Haha yeah.....

<3

1 comment:

  1. Yeah she's fine, she just almost ripped her mouth out! lol Jk... wow what a busy day! :)Tell her I hope she gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete