Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Fever

Today, I woke up at 4 o'clock in the morning-freezing cold, so I pulled my soft zebra-print blanket from the foot of my bed, up over me. I was still freezing cold for the longest time but then managed to go to sleep. When I fell asleep, I had a nightmare-one of the worst I have ever had and I haven't had one in a very long time, so it was unusual. I am not going to go into the nightmare details, let's just say it involved decapitated Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, and George Washington, a killer tornado, a mass murderer and me-the last person on the face of the earth.




I woke up about thirty minutes after falling asleep after I was so cold, and I was burning up, and whats more, I was terrified from the nightmare. It was so horrifying I was unable to roll over in bed to get comfortable in fear of something happening to me that happened to the others in my nightmare. Even though I was awake, I felt like I was still asleep. I finally went back to sleep an hour later, at about 5:45am. 15 minutes later, I woke up cold-again. 10 minutes later, my alarm went off. I hit snooze like 7 times and kept returning to bed-I felt miserable. At about 7:03, my mom came in and told me I had to get up for school and I told her about my nightmare. I told her I was hot and she kissed my forehead, and announced that I was very sweaty. She then went and got a thermometer, taking my temperature to discover I had a fever. She brought me water and shut my bedroom door so I could go back to sleep. I slept for another 4 hours and ate breakfast at 11:20. Then, at 1:30 I went to the doctor, got two different medicines, and came back home.

The whole day I have been having temperature wings-being burning hot, then the next second freezing cold and have been somewhat uncomfortable the whole day. Now I am watching American Idol, which brightens my day! :) Obviously, I didn't go to school...


For all you geeks out there, May the Fourth be with You! :D

I am not trying to get sympathy from you, I just didn't know what to blog about and felt I should do a post, so I just blogged about my day! 



1 comment:

  1. Well...I'm giving you sympathy anyways! That stinks! I know how ya feel! It's no fun! As soon as you said you were hot and cold and having nightmares I thought, "Uh Oh...she's sick!" I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete