Saturday, May 28, 2011

4 days of school...?

After the post title, I put a question mark, because I have very mixed feelings about the end of school. In just four simple school days, I will become a high schooler. I will leave my home of three years and move onto a new one.
school
Lexington Traditional Magnet School
Tates Creek High School
I will enter the International Baccalaureate program and will leave many friends to go their separate ways. I know for a fact that I will cry sometime this last week, and probably more than once. Don't get me wrong- I am excited for summer, long days at the pool, late nights outdoors, camp, swimteam, (possibly), voice lessons, (possibly), vacation, (possibly), etc. etc.... I just am not excited about leaving my 'family' behind.

Over the past three years I have knitted myself a close group of friends and have been making holes to open up for new ones. I feel like at this point in the year, I am close to everyone more than ever before. People that I would rarely talk to, I find myself talking to and feel like I know people as if they were a close friend. You could say it is the highpoint of my last three years, and soon, it will all be gone, simply by an administrator announcing that the school day-and year, is over.

I am not going to make this a closure post for the school year, and wish everyone good-bye and good-luck, because to me, that feels like I am closing the year and putting an end to it when I still have four days left. I don't want to cut what I have short, so I will stop now or else I will go on and on and on, but trust me, it's coming!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean, because a lot of my friends are already at different schools, or still going there, although most are going to Creek. I'll probably cry too:,( Have a fantastic last 4 days!

    ReplyDelete