Monday, April 11, 2011

SCC

 
Hey everyone! I haven't had many posts recently because I have been busy, so since I had a chance, I thought I would catch up on posting. The idea for this post was given to me by a friend at school named Samuel-thanks! 


I am a Christian and I attend a wonderful church by the name of Southland Christian Church. It is VERY populated, and is a very large building: 


Though it is very large and you meet new people everyday, there is a strong feeling of warmth and being welcome there, a family kind of feeling. I am not sure exactly how many people attend weekly, but I think it is around 10,000. They have four services on Sunday mornings: 8am, 10am, 10:10am, 11:30am. You can wear anything you wish to church there. On a normal day, you will see traditional church dresses and ties, as well as ripped jeans and hoodies. You are welcome there, no matter who you are or what you look like. 


Every week, they offer amazing worship music and wonderful lessons from the Bible, usually led by our pastor, Jon Weece. Check out his blog at:
http://www.southlandchristian.org/blogs/jonweece/


Jon delivers the weekly messages in modern terms, making analogies with the stories using things from the 21st century, making it easy to understand for young children, and funny too. Every week he makes the entire audience laugh, and they are always related to the message. You should come check it out some week, it is located at:
5001 Harrodsburg Road
(Harrodsburg Rd & Brannon Rd)
Nicholasville, KY 40356
(859) 224-1600



If you cannot get out to the church, but have a little bit of time on your hands, you can watch videos of the service on their website, at:
http://www.southlandchristian.org/series/list/


I absolutely love my church, and they have a cafe too! They serve Starbucks coffee and donuts, danishes, hot chocolate, and other breakfast-y items for a nice price. 


I have not always gone to Southland, but when I was born, that was the church I went to. Then, we felt that it was too large so we moved to Southern Acres Christian Church. We were there from my kindergarten years until 4th/5th grade. Then, SACC changed pastors and the entire church changed, we didn't like the changes so we went church hunting. We found a nice LITTLE church, (emphasis on the little) called Centerpointe Christian Church, and stayed there for about a year, but we never really felt like it was meeting our needs, so, we decided to go back to our original home, SCC, and found that we are most comfortable there. I love SCC! :)

1 comment:

  1. hey...just wondering...do u have a track meet at dunbar on friday???

    ReplyDelete