Wednesday, September 7, 2011

R.I.P. Nick

Four years ago today, a friend of mine died from a 2+ year battle with neuroblastoma cancer at the age of 13. In honor of him, on every paper today I wrote the date and next to it, the title of this post, as well as writing it on my hand. If you are interested in reading about Nick, you can check out this link,
http://www.tributes.com/show/Nicholas-Likens-90873074



He was a fun person to be with and hang around, I actually wrote part of a song about him... I have some fond memories of times spent with him and I wish he were still here to spend summer nights camping with. His family was really strong through it all and I know it was rough for them. We all miss you and love you, Nick! Hope you are having fun in skateboard heaven! <3

Nick was a skateboarder, and in memory of his death, family set up a skateboarding fund to provide skateboards for under-privileged children to give them hope through skateboarding as Nick experienced. He was a great kid and he will never be forgotten!

No comments:

Post a Comment